The Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Ill. – Deputy Senior Content Editor (February 2022-present)
– Edits and writes stories for the arts and entertainment section. Also assists with editing on the news side, creates newsletters and helps book the metro section of the print paper.
The ABIS Group, Evanston, Ill. – Assistant Editor (May 2019-February 2022)
– Wrote, edited and published short stories daily on a variety of topics primarily focused on health care for clients in the health care and pharmaceutical industries. Curated the daily content for our COVID-19 brief and assigned stories to writers. Helped manage and oversee writers and editors working on the evenng shift.
The Associated Press, Chicago, Ill. – News Associate (April 2017-April 2019)
– Wrote a dozen stories daily for television, radio and newspapers on news in the Midwest and Texas. Aggregates stories from AP members by rewriting, editing and publishing them to wires for a national audience. Works on the AP’s pilot project with the Institute of Nonprofit News. Crafts tweets for social media use.
The Arizona Republic, Phoenix, Ariz. – Pulliam Fellow/Digital Reporter (June 2015 – March 2016)
– Wrote stories, produce video and assisted in large projects as a reporter on the Features desk. Also worked with the events calendar and helped prep weekly wire content for print. Worked as a digital trends reporter to write daily stories on trending social, lifestyle and entertainment content.
New York Times Student Journalism Institute, Tucson, Ariz. – Reporter (May 2015)
– Wrote daily stories about topics such as weather, post office closures and chicken rentals. Also worked on an enterprise story about technologies being developed to combat the drought.
Arizona Daily Star, Tucson, Ariz. – NASA Space Grant Intern (January 2015 – May 2015)
– Research and write science articles for the business section, following topics such as technology commercialization.
UATV, Tucson, Ariz. – News Director (August 2014 – May 2015)
– Manage a team of 13 students in the production of a weekly news show for the University of Arizona’s student-run television station, plan content for student-run live shows, assign reporters stories, assist reporters with story development, sourcing and video editing.
– As production assistant from August 2012 to August 2014, set up and operated equipment during live shows; positioned cameras, set up lights, checked audio levels and created lower thirds; helped reporters film and edit packages.
Arizona Daily Star, Tucson, Ariz. – Metro Investigative Apprentice (August 2014 – December 2014)
– Expertise gained in accessing and analyzing public records. Projects include expense reporting by municipalities and school districts; school lockdowns and illegal waste dumping. Gain working knowledge of education privacy laws.
Arizona Sonora News Service, Tucson, Ariz. – Reporter (January 2014 – May 2014)
– Reported and wrote news stories about water in Southern Arizona including groundwater contamination in Tucson and the effect of the snowpack on Colorado River levels (the latter was picked up by publications including Inside Tucson Business, Casa Grande Dispatch, Lake Havasu News, and the Colorado Water Institute).
Inside Tucson Business, Tucson, Ariz. – Intern (January 2014 – May 2014)
– Covered Tech Launch Arizona, the University of Arizona’s movement to get research into the marketplace, and its effect on business in Tucson; compiled small business owner Q&As; and shot photos.
Arizona Public Media, Tucson, Ariz. – Radio News Apprentice (June 2013 – December 2013)
– Reported, wrote, voiced and edited stories including car theft in Arizona and a feature about a patient using Facebook to find a kidney donor. Produced one-minute spots and five-minute feature stories that aired on NPR 89.1.
Arizona Daily Wildcat, Tucson, Ariz. – News Reporter (January 2013 – May 2013)
– General assignment reporter who often wrote science and health stories weekly for the student-run newspaper at the University of Arizona with a circulation of about 10,000, including event previews and profiles on topics such as academic advising awards, a surgeon volunteering in Honduras and an event where students showcased their research projects.
– As a copy editor during Summer 2013 and 2014, fact-checked and edited opinions, arts, sports and news stories.
University of Arizona, Honors College, Tucson, Ariz.
Minor: Film & TV
Graduated: May 2015
Final Cut Pro 7 and X, Avid Media Composer, Adobe InCopy, Adobe Audition, Newsgate, Elvis, Presto, Arc, WordPress, Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr)
– Asian American Journalists Association, vice president, University of Arizona (2012 – 2015)
– Society of Professional Journalists, social media chair, University of Arizona (2014 – 2015)
– Arizona Student Media Advisory Board, member, University of Arizona (2014 – 2015)
– Kappa Tau Alpha National Honor Society, member (2014 – 2015)
– William Hattich Award for Journalism Professionalism, University of Arizona (May 2014)
– Academic Year Highest Academic Distinction, University of Arizona (October 2014)
– Dean’s List, University of Arizona (August 2011-Present)
– Leadership and Service Award, University of Arizona School of Journalism (May 2015)
– Sherman R. Miller Award for Outstanding Senior, University of Arizona School of Journalism (May 2015)
– Magellan Circle Scholar (2014-2015)
– Asian American Faculty, Staff and Alumni Association Scholar (2011-2015)
– Arizona Assurance Scholar (2011-2015)
– Wildcat Excellence Scholar (2011-2015)